7FCS Quick Start Cleanable Cold Cathode:
- Vacuum Sensor
- Range: (1x10-2 to 1x10-11 Torr)
- Ignites 10 times faster than standard cold cathodes during power interruption at ultra high vacuum.
- Robust Construction: All wetted materials are 304 stainless. Metal-sealed/cleanable subassembly can be maintained without breaking the primary vacuum interface
- UHV Compatible: Knife edge seals and 10-11 std. cc/sec. (He) leak rate ensure reliable ultra high vacuum operation
- Small Size: Compact design permits easy replacement of older obsolete sensors
- Versatile: Use in any physical orientation
- Rugged: Withstands frequent pressure bursts, no hot filaments to sag and break
- Reliable Service: Simple design means years of productive use in difficult applications
- Bakeable to 150°C
- Product Application: CRT Mfg., Deposition of Optical & Functional Films, Distillation of Low Vapor Pressure, Chemicals, Electron Microscopes, Freeze Drying, Helium Mass Spec. Leak Detectors, High Energy Physics, Lamp, Lighting & Laser Products Mfg., Mass Spectrometers, Metallurgical Processes, Night Vision / Electro-Optical Detector Mfg., Plasma Enhanced Deposition, Sterilization
The Televac model 7FCS is specially designed for applications where power interruption is expected at ultra high vacuum. If your application requires turn on in the 10-8 Torr range or higher, turn on will occur in less than 5 seconds, 10 times faster than standard cold cathodes. The 7FCS employs patented Double Inverted Magnetron sensor technology combined with a thermionic igniter, which turns on automatically as soon as the gauge tube goes below 10 mTorr and stays on for only 5 seconds for ignition.
Unlike most high or ultra high vacuum sensors that have a few decades of dynamic range, the 7FCS gives its user ten (10) decades of useful range when used with a mating Televac controller. Typical UHV sensors cannot be disassembled in the field for cleaning. The 7FCS’s cleanable sub-assembly can be removed for cleaning without having to break the primary vacuum seal. Unlike hot filament sensors that won’t tolerate large pressure bursts without compromising its filament, the 7FCS will sustain and automatically recover from large pressure bursts.